Miami Prostitution Lawyer
Fighting Prostitution Charges in Florida
At Tomas Law Firm, our experienced legal team is dedicated to defending individuals facing prostitution charges in Miami and the surrounding areas. Prostitution laws in Florida are complex and can lead to severe consequences for those involved. We understand the challenges that individuals charged with prostitution offenses may face, and we are here to provide expert legal counsel and representation to protect your rights and future.
Call Tomas Law Firm today at (305) 290-2313 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our prostitution attorney in Miami!
What is Prostitution?
Prostitution is the exchange of sexual services for money or goods. In the state of Florida, it is illegal to engage in prostitution or related activities, such as soliciting, procuring, or operating a brothel. Prostitution laws aim to maintain public order, protect public health, and prevent exploitation and the associated criminal activities often linked to prostitution.
What are the Penalties for Prostitution in Florida?
The penalties for prostitution-related offenses in Florida can be severe and may vary depending on the specific charges and circumstances. At Tomas Law Firm, we understand the nuances of these charges and the potential consequences you may face. It is essential to be aware of the potential legal ramifications associated with prostitution in Miami:
- First Offense: For a first-time offender, a charge of solicitation or prostitution may result in a second-degree misdemeanor. Conviction may lead to penalties such as up to 60 days in jail and a fine of up to $500.
- Multiple Offenses: Subsequent convictions for prostitution-related offenses can lead to harsher penalties, including increased jail time and fines.
- Felony Offenses: In cases involving activities like pimping, pandering, or running a prostitution business, the charges can be elevated to felony offenses. Conviction may lead to lengthy prison sentences and substantial fines.
- Registration as a Sex Offender: In some cases, a conviction for certain prostitution-related offenses may require registration as a sex offender, which can have long-term and significant consequences for your personal and professional life.
Defenses Against Prostitution Charges
Being charged with a prostitution-related offense does not automatically mean a conviction is inevitable. There are various legal defenses and strategies that our skilled Miami prostitution lawyers can employ to protect your rights and achieve the best possible outcome for your case. Some common defenses include:
- Lack of Evidence: Challenging the prosecution's ability to prove your involvement in prostitution beyond a reasonable doubt is an essential defense strategy. Insufficient evidence may lead to the dismissal of charges.
- Entrapment: If law enforcement or an undercover officer coerced or induced you into committing a prostitution offense that you would not have otherwise engaged in, entrapment may be a valid defense.
- Constitutional Violations: Our legal team will thoroughly examine your case to determine if constitutional violations occurred during your arrest, such as unlawful search and seizure or Miranda rights violations.
- Mistaken Identity: In some cases, individuals are wrongfully charged with prostitution due to mistaken identity. We will work to establish that you were not the person involved in the alleged criminal activity.
- Age Verification: If you are facing charges related to a minor's involvement in prostitution, we will investigate and determine whether age verification was conducted correctly.
- Negotiating a Plea Deal: In some situations, negotiating a plea deal with reduced charges and penalties may be the most favorable option for our clients.
Contact Our Miami Prostitution Attorney Today
Facing prostitution charges in Miami can be a daunting and life-altering experience, but you don't have to go through it alone. The legal team at Tomas Law Firm has the knowledge, experience, and dedication to provide you with the aggressive legal representation you need. We are committed to protecting your rights, minimizing the impact of these charges on your life, and working toward the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact Tomas Law Firm today to schedule a consultation with our prostitution lawyer in Miami!
How Does a DUI Affect Your Life? Here's What You Need to Know
Ayuban Antonio Tomas Achieves Board Certification as a Criminal Trial Advocate with the NBTA
A. Antonio Tomas, Esq. is Board Certified in Tax Law & Criminal Trial Law
Antonio Tomas Secures Acquittal for Client Accused of First Degree Capital Murder
Client Finally Released after Nearly 10 Years in Prison
Attorney Tomas Appeals First Degree Murder Conviction for Client
Florida's Youngest Inmate on Death Row
The Facts About Florida's "Stand Your Ground" Law